viernes, 2 de septiembre de 2011

Champagne in the Quad

I guess I can check eating an 8 course meal off of my things to do in life. Yes, 8 courses. So, Jessie tenía una cita con un hombre guapo at a very nice Argentinean restaurant on Tuesday. We had (1) some fancy pita bread with guac, (2) pancetta something or other, (3) Calamari, (4) Octopus, (5) Lamb, (6) Gnocchi, (7) Tuna, and (8) filet mignon (not to mention the apple cinnamon egg roll with ice cream postre). We also had two glasses of white wine, a glass of red wine, and champagne... It was an amazing meal and the service was impeccable. Drinking wine made me feel like I was aging... eww. The manager of the restaurant apparently favors Americans because we were treated like royalty. Mind you, we did spend a lot of money at this place; however, he bought us a complimentary taxi home! All in all, great success. 

Yesterday was the 23rd Birthday of USFQ, the university I attend. 2/4 classes of mine were canceled due to the loud music that the live band was playing (American music, of course). There was free cake and champagne... like A LOT of champagne. Drinking in the middle of the Quad at Boston College would NEVER fly so the Americans were having a lot of fun with this. Maybe a little too much fun... because after champagne glass number 4 some international students went for drinks across the street... and then I had Evolución Humana. Regardless of the champagne drunk I felt, I was determined to go because I actually read the whole chapter the night before. Let's just say that class seemed to go on forever and apparently I thought it would be an interesting idea to make a flow chart of my thoughts... here is an excerpt...

"Meow, Ladder, Garbage, FaceNick JR, Colombia, Rape, Underwear, Lace, Chocolate, Dog, Martha's Vineyard" and another.... "Giggly Puss, Pokemon, Ball, Scrotum, Pancakes, Syrup, Vermont"... this seemed like fun at the time..

Off to Galápagos!!!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario